So what is it we do?
Getting Your Property Noticed:
- We place a sign on the property to let passersby know it is available
- The property is listed on the internet, here at www.leoandco.com.au/rent/ and at www.realestate.com.au. The property is included on our rental or vacant property list and distributed from office in Newmarket as well as other selected Real Estate offices with whom we have a close association. This offers great exposure and provides access to more prospective tenants
- We advertise in Saturdays Courier Mail when necessary
- We keep a database of prospective tenants and advise them of new listings on a daily basis. Our own network of tenants are also an important source when it comes to securing new tenants for your investment
The Letting Process:
- All inspections are by appointment only. WE DO NOT HAND OUT KEYS!
- After viewing your property and making a decision on its suitability to their needs prospective tenants are asked to complete a written application
- Whilst processing an application we are assessing the individual’s ability to pay the rent and care for the property. This includes checks on employment and previous rental history
- Our office is a member of TICA. This is Australia’s largest and most comprehensive Tenancy database. All prospective tenants are checked against this database
- Where possible all applications are referred to you, prior to final approval
Along the way:
- We complete all the necessary paper work as required under the Residential Tenancies Act
- Inspections are conducted at regular intervals and written reports provided to you
- Arrears are monitored and actioned on a daily basis
- We take care of repairs and maintenance as well as payment of accounts, including Council Rates and Insurance
- Rental proceeds are electronically transferred to your nominated bank account and statements are provided monthly. These are available electronically or by post
- We constantly monitor the rental market and report to you on issues relating to lease renewals and rental reviews
- We stay up to date with the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Act and relevant Legislation.
- Staff attend regular training and are encouraged to improve their skills at every opportunity. In fact all staff at Leo and Co. have (or are completing) a minimum qualification of Certificate IV in Real Estate
- We keep you informed. Our approach is personal and professional
We provide a monthly statement that details all financial activity on your rental property. This includes rental income, repairs, maintenance, fees etc. You also receive a statement at the end of the financial year that details/summarises all transactions.
We distribute funds to your bank account on the last working day of the month. Twice monthly distribution of funds is also available on request, these payments are processed on the 14th month or the closest business day.
We offer a project management service for renovations or large repair works.
We offer a 24 hour paging service so that we never miss an important call. This could relate to urgent maintenance in the middle of the night or prospective tenant enquiry on a Sunday afternoon after office hours.